Pages

03 May 2012

Eddie Bear "Supermoon"

Eddie Bear catWhen there's a full moon I call it an "Eddie Bear Moon" because our cat Ed departed for Spirit World under a full moon. Ed's official Indulged Furries name was Edward Lionheart. He joined our family when I found him sick and abandoned under my car. He had a hard start in life and always tried to be so brave, but was usually afraid of his own shadow. Most days we called him Eddie Bear because he was a big bundle of fur who just wanted to sleep on his momma and be loved, like a living teddy bear. Eddie Bear had a great personality and entertained us with his antics, including the ability to flatten himself and get comfy.

The moon will officially become full Saturday, May 5 at 11:35 p.m. EDT.  Since this month's full moon coincides with the moon's closest approach to Earth, it will also be the year's biggest. It will be bigger and brighter than a typical full moon.

Enjoy Saturday's Supermoon. I'll be remembering wonderful memories of my Eddie bear.
Learn what makes a big full moon a true 'supermoon' in this SPACE.com infographic.
Source SPACE.com: All about our solar system, outer space and exploration

1 comment:

  1. Who is going to be taking pictures of the super moon on Sunday Night? I know I will be! :D ~ Blair

    ReplyDelete