Pages

26 November 2011

Raven cuddles and warms my heart

RavenIt's taken almost 3 years, but Raven finally did it. She fell asleep in my lap! When we adopted her from the SPCA, her information card described her as a cuddly lap cat, and that's exactly what I was looking for. In the adoption room, she curled up on my lap, purred, and snoozed. So I was expecting her to do that when we got home. But when we brought her home she wasn't super cuddly. I thought it was the stress of a new home, so I never"forced" her to snuggle with me. I figured she'd become cuddly on her own schedule. Over the years, she's enjoyed lots of cuddles, but after a few minutes she always wanted to get down. The only time she'd snuggle with us is when we'd go to bed and she'd cozy in against our legs.


Last night, I snuggled her in a blanket and cradled her in my arms like a baby and she fell asleep for over an hour. Maybe she's needing a little extra comfort since Sammi's been gone. Or maybe she decided it was cozy in the blanket. Whatever the reason, it was heartwarming that she finally decided to cuddle up and sleep in my arms. And I hope she's starting a new cuddly routine.

1 comment:

  1. awwww....we still think of you & your sudden loss. We bet Raven misses Sammi too...hoping you guys are beginning a new routine!

    ReplyDelete