Pages

15 July 2011

Homer's Odyssey - book review

Homer's Odyssey BookHomer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper is about Homer, a blind kitten she adopted and raised along with her two other cats. My husband gave me this book for Christmas and I realized in June it was still on my nightstand waiting to be finished. Having a special-needs kitty myself, I'm always interested in reading about how other special-needs animals adapt, how their owners address their needs, and hopefully how the animal thrives. It was heart-warming and encouraging to read how quickly Homer adapted to whatever situation he was in and how his lack of vision didn't deter him from living an adventurous kitty life. Unfortunately, Homer's enthusiasm for life was established early on in the book and so much of the book was about the personal events in the author's life that it wasn't very interesting to read. This book gets a 1-paw up rating from Sammi (who has only one front paw) because it was a heartwarming story about a kitty's ability to overcome blindness and live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment