Pages

11 May 2011

Intruder cat, leave my birds alone!



Yesterday afternoon I was relaxing in my window perch watching two Mourning Doves in our front yard. It was about 6 p.m. and they were perched on a rock, probably enjoying the warmth and feeling a bit safer than sitting on the ground.

It was amusing entertainment that I could have enjoyed for much longer. But then, a black cat from up the street came by. This kitty comes by every day to investigate our yard. He meandered down our walkway and saw the doves.



He was curious about the birds, but he didn't try to catch them. As he approached the birds they saw him and flew away. He walked up and gave the rock a thorough sniff before wandering off. It's a good thing he didn't try to catch the birds, because mom would shoo him away if she saw him doing that.

Anyway, I thought it was rude of him to interrupt my evening entertainment. The yard is mine and I should have the chance to watch my visitors for as long as I want. He intruded on my birdwatching and I showed my agitation by quickly running to the other windows to try to see where the rude little beast wandered off to. I didn't find him, but I did see a big, black crow in the back yard.

This thing was actually a bit scary. It's big, noisy, and has a huge beak! He didn't spend long looking for bugs before he flew off. I'm not so sure I want to see him again. I prefer to watch the cute little songbirds or hummingbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment