Pages

23 July 2010

Oopsie Daisy

Sammi on floor
How did I get down here?
There seems to be a problem. I came running throught the door, jumped onto my black step, and was headed for the countertop to get myself a little snack. But all of a sudden I ended up down here on the floor.  It took me a few seconds to realize where I was, but then I figured out what happened. I was running really fast and I thought I would take my first step onto the counter with my left front leg. But my leg wasn't there!  

This is the first time my mom saw me miss the counter so don't feel bad for me. I'm very agile and capable with only three legs. I jump on all the perches, run down the hall and jump on the bed, play, and bop my sister Raven.  It's just that sometimes I forget about my missing leg and try to use it. This time things didn't work out exactly as I expected, but I was fine. After making it look like I really meant to miss the counter and check out the floor, I turned around and jumped up on my step and hopped onto the counter for a few bites of food. But next time I'll have to slow down and remember that my leg isn't there.

1 comment:

  1. I think anyone could make that mistake. My cat Sanjee bonks into things going too fast sometimes too, which is about the same thing. It sounds like you get around really well almost all the time and that's great.

    ReplyDelete